Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Tyranny of The Blog


OK, I took this picture just before I put their shoes on them to go to a wedding at our church. They are playing with their play food -- filling little cups with water from the refrigerator dispenser and calling it coffee, etc.

I was just going to go to bed a few minutes ago when I remembered my stupid picture a day nonsense. It's really too soon to give up, so here I sit, typing whilst the more intelligent members of my family sleep.

Anyway, a few cute moments today. First, Chas hurt his foot and Eddie scoots over immediately. "I kiss it better for you." And he does. It seems to do the trick. Just one more way Eddie thinks he's one of the grown-ups in this family.

At the wedding, Eddie was talking (not excessively, but come on, it was a wedding!) and I shushed him. The lip came out. He started to cry but I calmed him quickly. He looked at me and said, "You're making me mad!" Then, after dinner at Outback Steakhouse, he cried because he wanted to take the little bead runner toy they have there for kids. On the tearful ride home he warned, "You're making me mad again!" (Earlier in the day he had told me I was a good mommie because I don't hurt his feelings. I think he's ready to recind that statement.)

Chas, meanwhile, was adamant about not wanting or needing to go to bed tonight. We skipped their bath, which didn't help, but it was late and we're planning on taking them swimming at the Y tomorrow. His latest thing when you are trying to get him to do something he doesn't like is to announce, "I run away." Then he attempts to make good on his threat. Of course, at this age, he runs away to the other room, but it's still a pain in the neck. When I was a kid, I used to run away all the time -- but I was older and actually left the house, albeit not the block as I was not allowed to cross the street. Hey, I was a runaway, but I still followed the rules.

The other exciting news is that my brother-in-law's truck was stolen from the Park and Ride today. It was a piece of crap, so it' s actually kind of stunning. The cop even laughed. I'll be honest, though: I really believed he just forgot where he parked until Steph took him on another drive through the lot after dinner.

No comments: