Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Crappy Day -- Hurray!!!


Now, normally I wouldn't blog about my boys' bowel movements. But today was genuinely a RED LETTER DAY in our household as Chas pooped in the potty chair for the first time.

I didn't know he was going to -- thought he would just pee. But he kept going back in and sittin there. I came to talk to him and saw him turning red and straining like he was giving birth to something, and indeed he was. Monster-sized. Not pleasant to deal with, but a milestone nonetheless. As I was talking to him, I said he must be constipated (He didn't go at all yesterday.) and Eddie immediately began telling him, "Chas, you constipated." He did not appreciate this coming from his brother.

OK, just now Eddie says, quite loudly, "Oh, crap!" Apparently he's being literal as he's added that he now has poop in his diaper. "I've got some poop in my diaper! Can you help me?! I want a prize too. Can you help me go poo po in the potty chair!!!???"

Since Chas got a prize for his first potty poop, this is bad news indeed for Mr. Ed. Anyway, this is Chas posing in his Nemo underpants which he gets to wear for a while at least today. What a big boy! (I took a picture of the turd to email to Steph, but it's too gross to post.)

2 comments:

BetterLater said...

Yes. The poo pic is DEFINITELY too gross to post. Just my mere talking about it had the woman in the cubicle next to me running for her iPod to block out the sound.

And can I just say that I feel bad for poor Ed? I can't believe I'm typing this, but I really want my boy to poop in the potty chair! I feel bad that he missed his craptastic moment earlier today ...

BetterLater said...

Oh, and nice call on the Nemo underwear. I want some!