Wednesday, January 11, 2006

40 called. They said you're 37 years early.


OK, so my poor little Eddie is, I fear, a bit of a perfectionist. He enunciates with such precision sometimes it's scary. And tonight during their bath, I actually heard him say to Chas, "I'm sorry. I 'pologize to you." What's up with that? He's not even three yet!?!? Then, the little busy body gets on my case immediately after the bath. "I need my fluoride and Chas needs his Singulair!" He follows me, stark naked, by the way, to the pantry where I get out two fluoride pills. He pops his in his mouth and runs the other one into his brother in the bedroom. Then he's back for the Singulair, which he dutifully runs back to Chas. It occurs to me that I probably shouldn't trust someone on this side of 3 with medicines. But the boy is just so darned precise and careful about things.

On a completely unrelated note, it would appear that Jay Jay the Jet Plane is a wonderul salve for those times when Thomas and Friends gets a little scary. Chas has been frightened by some Thomas shows for a while now and his fears coincided with a renewed interest in Jay Jay on his part. Well, this evening, Eddie wanted to watch the read-along story on his new Percy Saves the Day DVD, so I popped it in so I could make dinner. Sadly, the story is Thomas and Percy and the Dragon. It is clearly a bit edgy for my guys -- even Eddie. Eddie starts telling me to turn it off because Chas is scared. Then he admits that perhaps he might be the teeniest bit frightened by it himself. "Let's watch a little Jay Jay," he says. I convince him to wait until after dinner, fortunately. That little airplane has a wonderful way of soothing frayed nerves, apparently. At any rate, he chattered about both the Thomas and the Dragon thing and Jay Jay all evening, so I fully expect to have nightmares visited upon us tonight. At any rate, here's a shot of Eddie sleeping peacefully a couple days ago. I had to take it because it was so reminiscent of the shot on the left, taken when he was just minutes old...





2 comments:

BetterLater said...

All I want to know is how soon it will be before Eddie is balancing your checkbook.

MommyCheryl said...

Soon, I hope. Somebody's gotta do it.