Friday, December 23, 2005

Not while I'm around....

So tonight, during the seemingly 15 hour marathon involved in getting Chas to sleep, Steph left the room and promptly began making some no-bake cheesecake. (Why we worry about whether it's Chas-safe is kind of silly since we keep making it as rewards to ourselves for getting the boys to sleep and they rarely if ever even see it.) Anyway, as she started the mixer, Chas got nervous because of the noise. I hugged him close and said, "Mommy's got you and I won't let anything hurt you." A few minutes later he put his arms around my neck and hugged me tight. "I got Mommy," he said. "Nothing's gonna hurt Mommy." Awwww. I nearly wept. That boy has a way of taking me right up to the edge of frustration and then yanking me back with a single, sweet moment. It's downright nauseating how completely smitten I am with my sons.

No comments: