Friday, December 02, 2005

Chocolate filled advent calendars were not designed for 2-year-olds

So, to begin with, I screwed up. We went to see The Sound of Music, which our friend Jennie d'Armand is in, at the last minute last night and didn't get to start on our advent calendars. So this morning, I let the boys get out yesterday's chocolate and said we'd get today's later. Anyway, they immediately demanded more chocolate. I declined. So they started to undecorate the tree in protest. That got my attention and they got today's piece of chocolate. Little buggers. I don't think the calendars are going to make it to Christmas Eve, but maybe I'm just pessimistic.

It snowed last night. The boys found it interesting and even fun to toss around, but we didn't get to do much because we got home so late and then, as a consequence, all slept in this morning. By the time we were up and about it was all slushy and gross. Another magical childhood moment missed. Whoops.

Chas, by the way, is extremely fearful of a blow-up remote control robot at a toy store at the Supermall. We were there yesterday and when he saw Eddie pick up the remote, he turned and ran as fast as I've ever seen him run, across the hall and into the store his auntie had just left, screaming for her. That and the Abominable Snowman in the Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer show. Hmm.

No comments: