Friday, December 30, 2005

God's Sake, Chas!

The trouble with your children becoming verbal is that they become verbal.

Actually, the trouble with it is that you discover that they are actually little humanoid tape recorders. So every crappy thing you say is likely to be repeated. Take today. Chas was bugging me to play Bob the Builder on the 'puter. Soon I heard Eddie repeating over and over again, "God's sake, Chas." Arrgh. I thought I was doing so well, keeping the F word and it's cousins S and D words out of my vocabulary (well, mostly). I didn't even think about my habit of taking the Lord's name in vain. Damn those commandments anyway! Still, I don't want my guys running around saying "God's sake" so I've gotta work on cleaning it up a bit more. I mean, it just sounds so... so... bad... coming out of the mouth of a nearly 3-year-old.

No comments: