Saturday, December 17, 2005

Hive Minutes!

So we've become accustomed to Eddie's rallying cry when we want him to get in the bathtub or leave something he likes .... "HIVE MINUTES!" In fact, most "F" sounds sounded like they were "H" sounds. Last night, as we arrived home from the YMCA and a trip to the mall, Eddie took note of the fog and commented on it to his brother. "Look at the hog, Chas. Hog. Fog." Like that, his little speech tic seems to be gone. "Say five minutes," I told him. "Five minutes," he replied. Still doing it this morning. It's sort of cool to have actually witnessed such a breakthrough moment. But at the same time, I'll miss our little "Hive MEEnuts!" boy.

In other news, poor Chas has a cold and an expanding list of fears. Add the Baby Einstein "Baby Santa" video to the list. Last night he wouldn't let me leave Child Watch, so no work out for me. Then we gave up and just brought them into the "big bed" with us, where he announced that there were no 'piders. He then proceeded to tell me a 'pider would not bite his arm or his head. He still awoke at 3:30 in the freakin' a.m., insisting that I take him into his room and rock and snuggle him, which I did because he's sick and I love him. And if any freakin' 'piders try biting my boy's head or any other part of him, I'll squash 'em flat. If only I could do that with the cold virus that has attacked. Speaking of which, in a sick way I'm pulling for Eddie to get sick today, just so they're both over the worst of it by Christmas. Like I said, sick.

Today we're going for a Santa train ride and Zoo Lights at Point Defiance Zoo. Meeting Uncle Matt and his family, maybe Auntie Cathy. Should be fun -- if our boy isn't too sick. Or scared of light displays.

No comments: