Monday, March 20, 2006

Return of the Goo

I have no idea why, but tonight after days if not weeks of going to bed without his beloved goo or pacifier, Eddie demanded it. I gave in pretty quickly as I think he'll give it up again on his own soon. Plus, I don't like it when he's sad.

So today we went to a new allergist. I can't say exactly why, but I feel much more at ease with him in charge of Chas' care. Anyway, we're cutting out the routine Pulmicort but will start it again at the first sign of a cold, along with Nasonex. Hope this works. Meanwhile, we're also getting a new allergy test. I'm eager, I think, to get the results. If the numbers are going in the right direction we may even be able to challenge soy soon. That would be HUGE. In the meantime, though, this required a blood test. Chas was very brave. He complained but didn't really cry. It helped that they had Spongebob Squarepants on a TV in the room, which is highly distracting. But it was very cute hearing him describe it to Eddie tonight in the tub. "She put it and sting me here," he said, pointing accurately at the spot on his arm. Eddie responded with a heartfelt, "That's so baaaad." On the up side, Chas got Arthur the train as a reward.

OK, more tomorrow, including news on half-siblings found etc. But now I'm just too tired to blog. How sad is that?

No comments: