Monday, March 27, 2006

The fruits of our labors ... lost.



So in the very blurry top photo, you will see the tiny, fragile sprout that popped up in one of our marigold pots this morning. Its arrival was greeted joyfully and with song about our baby flower. By late afternoon, however, a game of peek-a-boo at the window sill left the sprout and its cousins in two other pots scattered across the floor. Eddie's immediate response was, "I can't look." When it became clear that carnage had indeed been done, he quickly placed the blame on Chas. And me. We scopped it all back into the pot and we'll see what happens. By tonight we had a couple more sprouts. If they know what's good for them, they'll be fleeing.

In completely unrelated news, the boys have discovered a difference between boys and girls, or at least moms. In the shower at the Y last night, Chas told Steph, "You don't got a penis. But you got two of those," pointing at her boobs. Today, when I asked Eddie what I had, he told me "hair." It took me a second to get what he meant. But I'm slow.

And finally, we bought them Thomas sleepover beds at Costco today in the probably vain hope that it will entice them to spend more time in their beds and less time kicking the shit out of us in ours. I'll report tomorrow. No doubt, I'll be bleary eyed yet again because I can't believe it's going to be this easy to get them to sleep.

No comments: