Friday, March 10, 2006

Aaaack! Horrifying omission!

(Which is better than a horrifying emission, but that's another story.) So here's what happened yesterday, two days before their party/expensive photo session.

They're in watching Kipper or something in their room and I hear a horrible THUD followed by heart-rending scream of pain from Eddie. I run in, scoop him up and commence to comforting. As he calms and I check for broken bones, missing teeth, etc., I think we've lucked out. And then the cheek begins to show its angry color. He's got a bright red, raised right cheek with a tiny cut. It looks really painful. And did I mention pictures tomorrow? I'm so damned shallow, but it doesn't seem to bother him so I allow myself to fret about pictures. Bad Mommy!

Anyway, if that weren't enough, I took the boys swimming at the Y. At the end of the session, they asked to go dangle their feet in the hot tub. Climbing out of the big tub, Chas complained a bit about something, but I didn't see what. When we got to the hot tub, I saw bright red just to the right of his right eye. I looked closer. Small spots of blood. Near as I can tell, he must have rubbed up against the no-slip tape around the handles of the pool stairs on his way out of the big pool. They look like they've been fighting. Or abused. Steph suggests we get them boxing shorts for their photo session tomorrow. Sigh.

No comments: