Monday, February 13, 2006

Sweat Test -- no Sweat.


So today, Chas had his sweat test. The worst part was leaving Eddie behind at Auntie Cathy's. Chas cried for his brother the whole way to the lab. He didn't want to go to the doctor and the difference between a doctor and a lab tech was lost on him.

Anyway, they put a couple of disks of this chemical stuff on his forearm then drove an electrical current though it for five minutes, then repeated on the next arm. This was followed by application of sweat collection disks taht had to be kept on for 30 minutes. During the electrical stimulation portion, he kept whimpering, "It hurts to me." Now I'm relatively sure it only tingled, but it probably felt pretty weird and scary. But he was a trooper.

They have one of those interactive talking bear things and this evening it asked them "Who's your best friend?" Chas said "Eddie" and Eddie said "Chas." It's the first time they've actually called each other that. It melted my heart. But then, when it comes to these two, it doesn't take much.

And, completely unrelated, I finished their birthday party invites. Not the most flattering photo of Eddie in particular, but it was too much work to get them to wear the hats and pose and even more trouble to photoshop them so this is it. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time uploading it to Blogger. I'll try again later.

1 comment:

BetterLater said...

You are the Photoshop Queen! The party invite rocks. Now, for my birthday, can you put me together with Angelina Jolie?