Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Dr. Dumbfuck, paging Dr. Dumbfuck...

OK, so we took Chas to see his allergist yesterday, our four-times-a-year exercise in frustration. The asshole doctor is ALWAYS late. Not running late, as in spending too much time with patients, but late as in not even in the office 30 minutes or more after his appointments are supposed to have started. We had a 9:30 a.m. appointment. Finally saw him at 11 a.m. And honestly, that wouldn't bother me but because he's always late and backed up, he can't be bothered to actually read Chas' chart. So it's always like an appointment with a new doctor but one who tries to pretend like he actually knows what's going on. Drives me batty.

Anyway, the latest is that he wants to rule out cystic fibrosis. Yikes. I know in my heart that Chas doesn't have CF but I'll be awfully relieved to get the sweat test back to prove it. The test is scheduled for Monday.

In the meantime, I'll be making an appointment with a pediatric allergist in Seattle, I think. I hear good things about NWAA. Maybe their doctors even show up on time occasionally.

No comments: