Saturday, February 18, 2006

I Too Angry!

So tonight the boys -- particularly Chas -- were being kind of uncooperative about bedtime. Chas kept wanting to come to the Big Bed. So I told him there were too many clothes on it and we would need to clean it up for him. Then we left them in their room and did, in fact, fold some clothes. After a bit, it was quiet. Very quiet. We assumed they were both asleep. I peeked in and when I turned on the hall light, Chas' head turned. So I flipped it off quickly and Steph and I came to the living room to watchng some TV. Soon we started hearing Chs' voice. "I don't want to sleep!" We ignored it. It got louder and more vehement. We ignored it. Finally, the pitter patter of little feet. We told him to go back to sleep and he told us, quite firmly, "I too angry!" And indeed he was. So we let him sit on our laps whilst we watched Lost and his anger subsided and he felt asleep.

No comments: