Sunday, February 05, 2006

Eddie is a brave little boy.



That's what he tells us, since he was able to sit through "Thomas, Percy and the Dragon." It's apparently terrifying -- he had to be sitting on my lap to do it. Chas couldn't even manage that. He left the room screaming to watch Kipper the Dog.

Let's see, so much has happened since my last blog entry. I backed into a culvert and had to be rescued by a couple of Milton's finest -- never been so happy to see a police car pull up behind me in my life.

Yesterday we took the boys to the Children's Bookshop in Puyallup for an appearance by Clifford the Big Red Dog. It was kind of sad. When Chas first spotted him, he literally danced up the aisle toward him. But when he got within about 10 feet, the fear took hold and he held back and was generally shy about meeting him. I wish the boy could grasp joy fully and not let fear keep him from embracing what makes him happy -- maybe I should take him to see Brokeback Mountain. On second thought, the message might be lost on him.

Speaking of which, my mother apparently wants to go see Brokeback. I'm torn between wanting to take her to see her reaction and wanting to avoid the heart attack that would likely ensue.

Regardless, we're going to Cathy and Larry's to watch the Superbowl soon, since Steph will be having to leave for work and it'll be less traumatic for the man cubs if they are at auntie's. At least that's the hope.

Oh, an our computer is dead. D-E-D, dead. I'm writing this on the laptop, which means my typing is slow and labored. So I'll stop now. I know I had more to say, more to write about. But I can't think of it now. So I'll post some pics of our Clifford encounter and be done with it for the time being.

No comments: