Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Mommy was angry

Yup, that's what Eddie's reported to his Mama this morning. Because yesterday he was refusing all available clothing options. So I got mad and told him to just go naked. Which is really, really stupid because he would love nothing more than to be naked all day long. Hmm. Anyway, it clearly made an impression on him.

Today, he was the compliant boy. Not so much Mr. Chas. He found something he wanted -- a Bob the Builder Duplo set -- at Toys R Us and carried it around. He was bereft when we left the store without it, screaming that he didn't want it for his birthday. Now, his birthday is just a month away, so I think he can wait. He clearly has a different opinion.

Anyway, the reason we were even at the toy store is that I used the promise of going there to bribe them into going to visit their Uncle Dale in the nursing home. (I could have just forced them, but that would have been ugly.) I feel horribly guilty at not visiting my brother more often. But I hate going there and the boys hate going there, too. So it's tough to motivate. Sigh. But I do feel terrible for him. He'd had a seizure this afternoon, so he pretty much slept through our visit, although he DID remember that we'd been there.

OK, this is boring. Must go before I fall asleep at the keyboard...

No comments: