Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The new color in eyes this season is pink

If you're a rabbit, that's no big deal. But for human boys, it means a trip to the doctor for you and a $50 prescription bill for your mom. Fortunately, I think we caught it fairly quickly -- their eyes are a very light shade and the crusting is minimal. Honestly, if they were just about 10 years older (or, who am I kidding, less) I'd have suspected they had been smoking the wacky tobaccy -- glassy, bloodshot eyes and all. Fortunately for them (and me) it's just conjunctivitis, so lecturing is limited to the importance of handwashing and not rubbing your eyes.

Unfortunately, every time I think about their condition, my eyes start to itch. I'd be a great patient in hypnotherapy, I think -- I'm quite prone to suggestion...

1 comment:

Barbara Clements said...

Gads, I'm glad Jennifer never had to deal with that, or really that many ear infections.

With her tho, it was colds that went right to pneumonia. Had to get her used to abuterol and a nebulizer. Fortunately, since it didnt' sting, she decided it was okay.
BC