Friday, February 15, 2008

Dirty Old Woman

So today I went to my grandnephew Dylan's high school dive meet. He made state, which I'm told is kind of a big deal. Anyway, he did great (Personally, I would have given him all 10s, but the judges minds were clearly muddled my colds. Or was that mine?), made it to the next round which we won't be able to attend because of the boys' basketball game but that's not really why I'm posting. Stay with me here.

So I'm watching these teenage divers as they get on the board, stretch and flex and, oh my. They are exquisitely proportioned. Now, I wasn't getting all hot and bothered -- that would just be too, too icky. (Besides I have a terrible head cold so with blood flow being what it is, it woulda been difficult.) But I couldn't help notice just how beautiful these boys' bodies were. And how utterly stupid it was that there weren't a ton of teenage girls there watching. Seriously. These were gorgeous, muscular in just the right proportion guys wearing speedos. And though I've never been a fan of Speedos, if anyone is going to wear them it should be these boys. Alas, it all appeared to be wasted on their moms, grandmas and aunts. Teenage girls who miss this opportunity should have to deduct 150 points from their SATs or their WASLs.

1 comment:

Barbara Clements said...

Especially for the guys, boys, whatever, swimming the butterfly stoke. Good god, what upper body muscles. (I observed this when my daughter was still on swim team.)

barbara