Monday, November 27, 2006

Would you believe I've been suffering from temporary amnesia and forgot I had a blog?


Yeah, I'm not buying it either. But really, where did the month of November sneak off to? My last post was Nov.2? Really? I suck at this. Anyway, again beating the crowds, we saw Santa before Halloween. Here, for your viewing pleasure, are the results.

We put up the Christmas Tree Saturday, to the joy and delight of 3/4 of the household. Except when the boys were left alone with the tree at the beginning. Steph and I were in the garage, either looking for something or hiding from the boys, when Chas opened the door and announced, "Eddie is really, really sorry." Uh oh. After another couple of these pronouncements, Eddie himself appeared. His eyes were brimming with tears and his lower lip was quivering quite unironically. He had broken the funnel off of the glass train ornament we got in Skagway.

Now, those who know me well would think that I would be upset by the broken ornament. But the sight of my poor, heartbroken boy made the stupid ornament seem so pointless. I held him and told him it was OK while he sobbed for a few minutes. I think that's one of those horrible growing up moments, realizing that beautiful, fragile things do indeed break. And all the mom's horses and all the mom's men can't put them back together again. Heavy sigh. One more piece of innocence lost.

OK, maybe I see why he put such meaning and import into breaking a freaking ornament.

Upon decorating the tree, the boys were convinced that it was going to be Christmas the very next day and were worried that Santa wouldn't come without snow. We told them they would have to wait many, many days and that it wouldn't snow and by golly, the next day, there was snow on the cars.

Today, there was a bit more and they are convinced that they caused it. Eddie started screaming out the window, "Snow, clouds! More snow!" Alas, it hasn't yet worked.

No comments: