Monday, April 24, 2006

The Little Engine That Thinks He Can

That's what Eddie calls his new favorite book, "The Little Engine that Could." We went on a boy book buying spree Sunday and that's one of the new titles. They have a ton of books and we usually just pick out new ones from the library, but we got a little crazy. Anyway, Eddie loves his new book about the engine that thinks he can.

Last night the boys were fighting over whose hand I would hold (both) and whose bed I would sit on (neither) as the went to sleep when Eddie pulled out the big guns. "He doesn't like you," Eddie said, reminding me of Chas' unpleasant little habit of reminding me that he doesn't like me. Gotta appreciate the effort, Eddie.

In other Eddie news... Took them to the zoo today. In the aquarium, we came upon the tank that holds "Nemo fish." Another mother was there telling her kids about the Nemo fish, etc., so I refrained from my usual, "Look! We found Nemo!" joke. I just pointed and told the boys to look at the Nemo fish. They both talked about the Nemo fish for a moment then Eddie clarified. "Really they're clown fish." I tell ya, that boy blows me away with the stuff he remembers. It's not quite as crazy as when he pointed and identified a tapir (I had to double check and he was right) but still cool. On the other hand, today he could NOT identify the tapir, though to be fair it was sleeping with its butt-end pointed at us.

So after a trip to the zoo, what did the boys report when Steph asked what they did today? "Heather and Auntie Cathy and Oscar came and played!" Which, while technically true -- the three did stop by for a bit this afternoon -- is a short-sighted answer that will not yield them another trip to the zoo in the near future.

OK, rambing, but at least I blogged. Which is more than I can say for most days lately. But get off my butt -- I've got a cold.

1 comment:

BetterLater said...

Maybe we should call this chronicles of the underappreciated. But I appreciate you! More blog entries please!

(It's not like you have any drama going on right now or anything.)