Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Heartbreaking .. or so I thought.

OK, so clearly I fret a LOT about Chas and his allergies and how it makes him feel. Last night I came home from a meeting and Steph was fixing his MedicAlert bracelet. It had gotten snagged and one of the links broke.

She looked sad and said he told her while she worked on fixing it that he really liked not having to wear it. I felt so bad. He hates his bracelet -- it's a nagging reminder etc. etc.

So I took him in and we looked up the MedicAlert site so I could order him a sport band version etc. and I asked him why he hates wearing his bracelet.

"Because it says I am allergic to soy. And I'M NOT ALLERGIC TO SOY ANYMORE!"

Turns out, the bracelet doesn't bother him. Its inaccuracies do. So we're ordering him a new bracelet sans mention of the outgrown soy allergy. And probably with sporty zoo animals on it.

Oh, and Eddie wants one, too.

No comments: