Monday, January 22, 2007

Whoops, there it is....

Ok, granted that this is a little phrase that's just old enough to mark us as dangerously unhip and aged -- not old enough to be funny just old enough to be lame. But ignoring that, just know that yesterday Steph and I were putting the boys in the car and for some reason independent of our age and lack of cool (or whatever you kids these days are calling it) we started saying, "Whoop, there it is..." Eddie repeated it a couple of times, then added his own, quite logical take on it. "Whoop there it is. Whoop where is it now?" We burst out laughing because, well, trust me -- it was really funny live and in person. Eddie was justifiably flummoxed at our laughter.

This was almost as funny as two days ago when the boys wandered into the back yard (yes, I DO watch them, in between checking on my internets pages) and began screaming and yelling. I stepped out to see what was up once the racket became loud enough to disturb me/get my attention. Chas was looking into the trees behind our yard and yelling, "Birds! Get down from there! Get in your birdhouse!!" I asked him what he was doing and he pointed to the trees and told me the birds were up there. And apparently they were supposed to be in the bird houses that the boys made for them in August. Now, the boys, and the birds, have ignored said bird houses since construction day. But apparently it was move-in day and the birds weren't cooperating. Stupid birds. Stupid, bird-brained birds.

No comments: