Thursday, January 25, 2007

A,E,I,O, U and ALWAYS WHY

We have now entered the why portion of our development, the boys have made clear. Why. Why. Why. WHY!!! I know it's a sign of growing intellect but it's also freakin' annoying. I've decided that all - -ALL -- the world's religions were created by the mothers of 3-year-olds, mothers who finally just needed to say "because that's the way God... Allah ... Yaweh... Krishna... L. Ron Hubbard made it." It also reminds me of one of my least favorite (and oh, it's a crowded field) religious bumper stickers. "God said it. I believe it. That settles it." I HATE that. And yet, I find myself longing for children who could be that blindly accepting of any of my explanations if only for an afternoon.

And speaking of my children's oddities... Today Eddie announced that "letters should sound like what they are. So W, DUH-bul-ewe (he said for emphasis) should make the duh sound." Then he began complaining about the word giraffe starting with a G instead of a J. I started to tell him that would actually work under his new rule but decided better of it. So we've now decided that from now on, in our family, the 23rd letter of the alphabet is officially "wubble-ewe." Eddie said it. I believe it. That settles it.

No comments: