Thursday, May 18, 2006

I am the Mighty CD player repairwoman

The other day the boys got into the van and shoved a college fund worth of coin into the CD slot Needless to say it stopped working. In fact, when we turned, we could hear coins jingling. A few months ago they did this and I -- not realizing what had happened though in fairness sort of suspecting it -- took it in for repair under warranty. They replaced it, then brought me the change and told me to tell my kids it's not a piggy bank. So purely from the humiliation factor, I wasn't going that route again.

So I was feeling lame about something completely unrelated andn decided to see if I could redeem myself. Using Internet directions, I ripped the dash apart, then used my own guesswork to take the cd player apart enough to get the coins out. I was stunned when I put it back together and it worked. I'll be even more stunned if that's the last time I have to do it.

1 comment:

BetterLater said...

You ARE mighty. Seriously. I thought the CD player was total toast. But you saved it! Now, can you turn your attentions to our computer's CD drive?