Thursday, May 18, 2006

The boys have passports




Photos (No longer) TK.

To put this in perspective, I was 34 when I first got a passport. They are 3. Admittedly, they aren't going anywhere more distant than Canada in the foreseeable future but still. They don't know how lucky they are.

And while I'm typing this I'm thinking about "photos TK." Does everyone understand that TK mean "to come?" Or is that another one of those arcane and ridiculous journalism things?? Why???? Not that I'm complaining. Only because of being in a newsroom do I know the correct use of the word "penultimate." And that is the penultimate thing I have to say in this post.

1 comment:

BetterLater said...

I managed to work in a newsroom for more than 15 years, and I still am not 100 percent sure what "penultimate" means. It's the kind of thing I always have to "cq," as they say in the papers.

Signed,

A Former Journalist for Two Weeks.