Friday, April 02, 2010

A dog. Have I mentioned we have a dog?

I've been remiss in posting, in part because I think I'm still in shock. We got the boys a puppy a few weeks ago. Life will never be the same. Among other things, she's cured my plantar Fasciitis. No, not a claim of having a miracle dog. It's just that I really, really, really want to avoid the sensation of stepping barefooted or sockfooted into a puddle of puppy pee. So from the instant I'm up in the morning, I'm wearing at least Crocs. A few weeks in I realized I'm not suffeirngb excrutiating pain every time I take my first few steps in the morning. Whoda thunk?

Anyway, her name is Peach, as in Princess Peach from the Mario Bros. I do not love the name, but the boys do. They also love Peach. I'm warming to her, albeit slowly. If she would learn to "do her business" outside, I'd warm more. But we can't have everything, so for now I'll settle for a dramatic reduction in foot pain and two very happy little boys.

No comments: