Monday, December 03, 2007

Squawkers McCaw is a Squawkin', Talkin', Pain in My A**!

The boys reallly want a Squawkers McCaw talking parrot for Christmas, so we got 'em one this weekend at Costco. It was in the back of Steph's car so, while the boys and I were supposed to be sleeping this morning, she brought him in to hide. But there's a problem in that the little F'er seems to be motion activated. So I heard a screetchy "HELLO" as she came in. No biggie. Except that Chas apparently heard it to and it yanked him into full consciousness.

"I heared a talking parrot!"

"It must have been a commercial."

"But the TV isn't on."

"A commercial on the computer."

"But that's not what it says on the commercial."

"It must have been a dream."

"It wasn't a dream. It was a talkin' parrot!"

Things went like this until Steph came in to kiss us goodbye and confessed that she'd been "talking in silly voices." I'm not sure he was entirely convinced and I'm wondering how the hell Santa's going to put him under the tree without waking up at least one boy.

4 comments:

Jennifer G. said...

You cannot pull the wool over the eyes of little children on alert for Christmas gifts!!! :-)

Hobson's Choice said...

I love this story. We have many stories of how to save the Christmas surprise that we have already inadvertently given away. But none are this funny.

I enjoyed reading your blog this a.m. as baby naps. I found yours through Sandi Shelton's links.

Bev said...

I got a Squawkers of my own for Christmas. I love mine, so I'm curious to hear if yours is still popular.

MommyCheryl said...

Yes, Squawkers is still a big hit in our house. In fact, he went to preschool Friday morning for sharing time, and he was quite popular there,as well. They especially love making him repeat what they say!